Jan 25, 2011

The Punisher

Fun Fact #1. I don't like The Punisher. I don't completely hate the character, I just dislike him. And I blame all those 90's comics I read where someone like Spiderman or Daredevil, or maybe even Wolverine on certain occasions would be going about their business, and suddenly, The Punisher would appear with guns in hands to pick a fight. It was never a, "Hey, Spider Man, chasing down the Lizard? Well, Let's team up and I'll help you catch him" sort of thing. It was always a shoot first ask questions later scenario. Because of that, I felt The Punisher was just... Well... A big dumb brute!
There. I said it. I got it out of my system.
Fun Fact #2. It usually happens that when I sit down and draw a character I don't like, I end up liking the character afterwards. It's a phenomenon with me. I can't explain it. Doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.
Fun Fact #3: I kind of like The Punisher now. Go figure.

No comments: