Jan 28, 2011

Billy Batson

I came across an interesting blog via Twitter a few days ago. The idea behind the blog, have artists re draw their favorite comic book panels, in their style. I liked the idea so much I thought I'd give it a try. So I picked up one of my many favorite comics, my trade of Shazam! The Monster Society of Evil by the awesome and inspiring Jeff Smith, creator of the Bone series.
Then the thought hit me. I love this book from cover to back cover. It's going to be REALLY hard to choose a favorite scene to re draw. But it didn't take long. One image popped out right away in the first few pages of the book. And that's the one I used. I never thought about it much but, this scene alone is VERY powerful and telling of little Billy Batson's character.
Hope you all dig.
God bless!

No comments: