Jul 26, 2010

Star Wars Chibi: Greedo (And The Avengers?!)

This one was a request. And I'm actually happy it was made because I didn't think the character would actually come out so cute. When posing this one, I immediately thought of giving him a similar pose like the one I used for Han Solo. As a matter of fact, I was going to draw them together side by side, but changed my mind once I saw the way Greedo shaped up.
This weekend I decided to return to icons by designing some new ones. As many of you know, this weekend the Avengers movie was one of the highlights at the comic convention and not only were all of the Actors announced, but so was the Director, Joss Whedon! Well, I was excited. So excited that I decided to dedicate an icon set to the Avengers to celebrate the coming movie.
Now let me be clear about one thing. I was never an Avengers Fan. In fact, I was never an Iron Man fan. The Iron Man movies changed that for me and now I love the character. While I've never collected a singe comic with the Avengers in them, the mention of the movie had me somewhat interested. All of the recent photos of Captain America and Thor spiked that interest to higher levels and now, I am eager to see this movie, especially with Joss behind the Directors seat.
So for the icon set I'm going to concentrate on the classic Avengers, minus Nick Fury and Iron Man, who will both represent more of the movie look. And to wet your appetites, if possible, you know, and you're actually into this whole GUI customization thing as I am, here's a sneak peek at the first 2 Avengers to role out of the icon line, Captain America and The Hulk.
And this is how The First Avenger, Captain America, looks as my Finder replacement icon on my Mac OSX Dock.


No comments: