Dec 18, 2008

Dancin In The Dark


One very rainy sunday afternoon I went drawing with the great Butch Belair. We went to a little bar near me in Brooklyn. After getting a beer each and sitting down we began to draw. A few moments later something bad happened. It got completely dark out. The bar was dark too and suddenly we couldn't see a thing. I'm talking completely blind. Butch and I are as seasoned as it gets when it comes to this urban drawing business but there we were foiled by a rookie mistake. Neither of us said a word. We both preceded to finish our drawings in complete darkness. I didn't see the finished painting until the next day when I looked at it under a light. It doesn't look like one of my usual drawings but under the circumstances of being blindfolded it came out pretty good.

No comments: