Nov 21, 2008

THANKS!



SFG crew,
First off, THANKS! Jeff told me he passed along my original message about my son, Levi having cardiac arrest back on the 6th. My wife and I have been flooded with emotions spiking high and dropping low and everywhere in between. But I am going to TRY to make sense now.

It is a miracle that he is here with us tonight, sitting back watching cartoons. It is such a long story, well two weeks actually, lol. But I really have been so thankful for all you SFRers that have been wishing us well, praying for us and even helping out financially. I am blown away and inspired by you all. And to be honest, with you all and others coming along side of us, you have helped restore my hope in people in general. I have become jaded over the years and living in my own little world not letting people in or even me getting involved in other peoples life. So, when all this went down, you all stepped up and prayed and sent as much love as possible. And I gotta Tell ya, that really pushed on through this. So again, thank you. Not only for your prayers and support. But for helping me see what is important. LIFE.And people in life. I don't think you know how much I covet your thoughts, prayers and financial help.

We are on the road to recovery now. It is great to be home. Back to "normal" life. But changed. Changed by the miracle. And I may step on a few toes, but I do believe it is a God thing. And not to sound to generic with "God" , but I believe it to be a Jesus thing.

Now I look at each day, really new. And my goal now is to try to build memories. Lasting memories that no matter who may pass away in my family, the others are left with good memories to help carry on. we are also, as a family going to be involved in a new "cause". Getting CPR and AED awareness out there. In some states, it is LAW that AEDs are in schools. NOT in the state of Washington. We want to change that! And we are very thankful for the families who worked hard to provide them for the schools in our area. Especially for the one that saved our sons life! There are several families that would like to talk to us as well as foundations. Levi is a "poster child" for this cause. And we are very thankful! We want to talk to people and keep the torch going for this.

Anyway, I am rambling now. But THANK you all for your help! It is greatly appreciated! Much love. The pic is of me (tattooed fat guy on the left, Mom and the guys who did CPR on Levi, saving him!
Your fellow illustrator,
Drew

3 comments:

Jeff Andrews said...

Drew,

Good to hear Levi is doing better and healing up...keep us updated.

Jeff

kane said...

Hope all is well.

Diana said...

So good to read this!
All the best for your son!