May 26, 2008

SFG: Monsters

Hi everyone! Here is my submission for the SFG challenge, "Mosters." I really wasn't sure what to draw for this theme. At first I got it in my head to do something related to the line "My mother always told me there were no monsters" from Alien, but nothing I put to paper seemed to be coming out right. Then I saw the drawing someone else had done about The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I thought "Hey! Why not do another literary monster?!" And so here it is - my monster - the giant squid from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Hope y'all likes!

Here's a quick little preview of my drawing for the DrawerGeeks! theme, "Dinosaurs" as well.

To see a larger version of both, head on over to my blog!

2 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

like the 20,000 leagues image. But think that you might need to rework the portal and the Squids eye a little... I am not getting the feeling that its outside the ship. YOU might want to darken it to match the other window below... or find a way to make the images in the portholes less sharp....

Other then that FUN!...
Largest eyeball in the animal kingdom.

P

Casey G. said...

Agree with both comments above. Very fun image!

Also perhaps doing something else to the metal would help, I guess it is bulging from the squid attaching but, it looks like it could be the squid's body.