Apr 25, 2008

Rembrandt


Now that Yun and I are all unpacked and settled in I have been doing a lot of painting. Not the kind you would imagine, with me standing in front of my easel but rather the kind that has my ass up on a ladder painting the walls of our new apartment. As a house painter I have mad skills. In fact I may be the best in the world. We now have twelve foot ceilings and I have painted the living room, kitchen, two bathrooms and hallways. I've done it all with a three inch brush and no drop cloth. That's right. When we left out last apartment I painted the whole thing with a small brush and no drop cloth too. I hang by one foot high over our furniture while I attempt depth defying feats of acrobatics to reach impossible spots. Perfectly edging ceilings in a single stroke. I didn't move the furniture very much and never spilled a drop. I will be glad when it is done but I amaze even myself every time I pick up a paint brush and start working. I am super fast and efficient. Soon I'll be able to return to that easel.

2 comments:

Anette Heiberg said...

Great style, and I love the unusual color combination!

Jason said...

yeah, your drawings are really coming along in depth and sheer technical brilliance - rocking!