Apr 23, 2008

The Light's All Shining On Me


Yun and I have a friend named Peggy who loves the Grateful Dead. Personally I never liked their music but Peggy actually got me to finally see what I'd been missing. Now I dig them. It was Peggy's birthday and she was having a little party in a local bar near us. Yun knitted her a cool purple scarf. I had some free time at work that day so I did this watercolor of Jerry to give to her. It was funny because when Yun and I gave her the gifts one of Peggy's friends said loudly, "you both MADE your gifts for her!" It did kind of make us appear super human Martha Stewart like. I hadn't thought of it until that moment. It was more a coincidence that Yun and I happened to do this. When the girl said that it made it seem like we do this all of the time, which we don't. It made us feel good and I hope it made Peggy feel special.

No comments: