Feb 29, 2008

In The Works


Here's a sketch for one of the projects that I've been working on this week. It is for what I call an "illustrative logo", meaning that it is basically a full on illustration that will have type around it, etc. that the company will use for their logo. I do not have to do the type design (thank God) so that's why it's all "naked" and funny shaped. The client liked the look of some clip art that they had found but they wanted to use an original design so my job is to do just that. Kinda fun. Who doesn't like to draw lions? Right now it's just a preliminary sketch and may or may not still need some changes before it goes to color. I'm awaiting client feedback on it right now.

As for my new website, it was supposed to launch last week but we found a glitch that needed some fixing before it goes live. Ah well, these things happen and it should be up soon. I'll keep y'all posted. Oooh, the anticipation!

1 comment:

Jeff Andrews said...

Ah makes me yearn for those days of lazing on the African savannah, eating citrus and...playing fetch with my pet lion? LOL

All kidding aside, beautiful illustration! ;)