Oct 30, 2007

Now introducing...me!

Hi, you sugar frosted people, you!

I'm KJ and I've been fan of Sugar Frosted Goodness for quite some time, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it, at long last! :)

I'm mostly use acrylics these days (though to tell you the truth, there's not a creative medium that exists that I DON'T want to try) and I paint cute, big-eyed girls (and occasionally cute big-eyed critters and cute big-eyed boys, too).

Sometimes they're mermaids, sometimes they're fairies, sometimes they're superheros, sometimes they're pirates, sometimes they're ballerinas -- and sometimes, like in the painting below, they're all of the above:

I grew up wanting to be a writer, so even though art is my primary focus right now (and hopefully for a long time to come!), words are still very important to me and most of my art has a story to go along with it (or like, here, have words incorporated in the actual art).
You can see more of my art and the stories that go along with the paintings at http://www.thedreamygiraffe.com/ or at my blog http://thedreamygiraffe.typepad.com/. (And I'm looking forward to having my art + stories appear regularly here, too!)
KJ
P.S. Thanks, Jeff for letting me be a part of this!

3 comments:

Stuart Wade said...

Hey there! Welcome.

I really liked your jumps through hoops for you painting.

milo said...

yah.. welcome aboard!

GOGOPEDRO said...

Howdy Hi!