Jul 27, 2007

Five and Dime

This another sign illustration I produced in Freehand as a vector, then imported into Photoshop, and then added multiple texture layers to make the sign and bricks appear to be weathered.

I first created the vector illustration of the sign.


I then imported sections of the vector into photoshop and applied textures to give the sign a weathered feel.


I did a similar sign illustration for a previous SFG exercise where the subject was texture. Click here to view the post. I think I'm going to do a series of these signs. They are a lot of fun to produce.

Enjoy!

Steph D.

2 comments:

jim bradshaw said...

Looks like you really have a feel for this sign thing. I'll bet these take a long time to do. I love old signs. I photograph them whenever I get a chance.

C. A. Silbach said...

It looks great! I like it!