Aug 27, 2006

Ava turns 6

Ava: 6 years-old
My daughter Ava turned six last month. Six years old. I can't believe my little girl is growing so fast right before my very eyes. I wanted to do something special for her, so I whipped this drawing up and posted it on my blog. She liked it, but I'm sure she was thinking to herself, "Okay, where's my real gift, cheap Daddy!" You can't tell too much from this size, but I used a cool denim texture for her denim skirt there. I need to use textures more often, you know?

Ava: 6 years-old sketch
Here's my original Moleskine sketch. You can see all the little toys and knick knacks that Ava loves to play with surrounding her feet. In the final version, I decided to just focus on the girl. Oh, and I had to keep that sketchbook and pencil in her hands, of course.

6 comments:

irisz said...

very nice, happy colours!!

Stuart Immonen said...

love the sketch particularly.

Ward Jenkins said...

Thanks, guys! I'm fond of the sketch, too.

onehugeeye said...

Ava is a beautiful name!

Vern Mercado said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vern Mercado said...

sorry for the deletion. there were typos. as i said earlier, enjoy your time with your little girl. my daughter just turned 14 and nice to see she's turning into a chip off the 'ol block.