Jun 21, 2006

Ward's Dance

Illustration Friday: Dance
Well, whuddya know... I finally did an IF entry. It's my first since January. Been a long long time. Welp, this week's theme was dance so I just had to do it. See, my wife is a dancer as well as a dance teacher/instructor and I'm an animator, so there's a common bond we share. We both basically study motion and movement, but in different ways.

My process is the same: this is a pencil drawing that I scanned and then colored in Photoshop CS. I use a pastel brush that is labeled "chalk," found about two-thirds down the brush menu, if you're curious.

You can read more about this entry on my blog.

3 comments:

James Elston said...

beautiful image.
j.

Ward Jenkins said...

Thanks, guys! I had fun working on it.

Jayster said...

I love the style of this, beautiful use of block colour. It's got a pretty vintage feel to it..........I want a copy!