May 23, 2006

Work Work Work...






So I've gotten complaints from friends about not posting for the last few weeks, mostly it's cause between work and school I'm pushing 60hrs a week, and then with my current freelance project i'm definately into 80 hrs a week by Sat, and I cant show any of that artwork off yet. So.. I figured I show off stuff from work, it's way different in style than my personal art, but I figured what the hey, better to show off some range. So heres one shirt design I put together for a boys line, what I have here is the entire process, from marker sketch to pencils to inks to final color. Mind you the final color is just one variation I usually have to do 2-3 and on multiple bodies so that means 5-6 color tweaks per revision. Yeah, real fun stuff there, anyhow, great stuff everyone is sharing I'm gonna post comments on other peoples goodies now. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very cooool design!

GOGOPEDRO said...

when you are working on shirt designs like this what kind of information do they give you going into the design

Nice color passes

Pedro

Rob Duenas said...

No info on the designs at all I have to come up with about 2 dozen at a time, the only crits I receive are about trademarked materials, like I cant obscure the main logo or alter text )I tried to put Chopper in flames once) and like here you can see I originally wanted to put LBC on the bottom but they dont do that anymore so I had to put CFL. Sometimes my art director will come over and have me add extra distress or simplify the color even more, i really helps to have that cause you can get lost after a day or two on the one shirt. thanx!

Urban Barbarian said...

Gotta love the motorcycles! Thanks for posting the process~!

Jeff Andrews said...

I love seeing the process! Sweet illo, post more! :)