Mar 18, 2006

Draw What You Know

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I do freelance design-work now and again, but illustration for me has solely been a creative outlet for my own personal amusement. So, drinks are on me at the SugerFrosted bar – as just a few days ago I submitted this 5" X 5" spot illustration as my very first freelance drawing gig. Turnaround was crazy-tight, so I based it heavily on this sketch from last summer (draw what you know ... you know?).


Done in pen with Photoshop-collage background of scanned newspaper clippings and coffee stains (not exactly coffee, though - you can click here for the full story).

4 comments:

Vern Mercado said...

cool technique. i read your blog on the process. that was a lot of pressure, but you turned out a great piece! congrats on your first freelance gig. hopefully first of many.

Todd DeWolf said...

Very cool illo and great first freelance job. Congrats!

Ryan Booth said...

Nice Work Jeope... I love your style!

kimburgerly said...

Ditto what Graphista said. Your style rocks!!!