Feb 17, 2006

SFG "Draw My Character" CHALLENGE!

This is it, the first of what will hopefully be many SFG Challenges!

The idea, for those of you not familiar with the "Draw My Character" threads over at The Drawing Board, is to post an illustration of an original character for the rest of the members who wish to participate, to render in their own unique style. Each participant will then post their work to SFG for the world to see.

The spin this week, as I kick it off, is that I'm not posting one of my own characters. I'm so impressed with Metin's recently posted Skypeman, that I've decided to "borrow" that illustration for this challenge.

So there you have it, the gauntlet has been thrown. Illustrate Skypeman in your own personal style, and post your creation here.

Happy Friday!


Edit: Well, unfortunately Metin has asked that we NOT use this character for the challenge as he's currently seeking out a licensing deal with the client. I guess I jumped the gun a bit and I apologize to both Metin and anyone else who might have already started their illustration.

If someone else would like to post a character to kick off this challenge, please do so. Hopefully sometime in the near future we can pursue the original challenge with this character with Metin's blessings.

Wide open field now, someone go ahead and pick up the ball and run with it. ;)

1 comment:

Metin Seven said...

No problem Jeff, I am really flattered by your enthousiasm regarding my Skypeman character concept and I'm sorry having to spoil this initiative. But I noticed that an other character has already been presented.

Thanks and cheers,

Metin