Feb 11, 2006

Go Native with your Desktop!

I've been teaching a 'Digital Illustration Class' at the local college and came up with a fun assignment for the students. They have to illustrate a 'Totem Pole'. Since I have grown up in the Pacific Northwest I've always loved the artwork of native americans and specifically the totem poles that can be found all through out Washington and Alaska even.

Here is the totem pole artwork I created to show the students how it can be done.



If you'd like to download the file the create your own you can get a step by step pdf from my illustration web site at: www.vonster.com

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, I wish I was in commuting distance to your class. Thanks for sharing the assignments.

Unknown said...

very coool !! Love it!

Arioch said...

Really nice idea! I try to create my own! : )

Bonnie Branson said...

Wow that is really beautiful!

Paige Keiser said...

Wow, that's digital? It looks like I could reach out and take hold of it.

Urban Barbarian said...

The Vonster's colors are out of control! Awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is totally cool!