Feb 22, 2006

aka CANON

I paint on walls. Sometimes. And when I do, I go by the name of CANON. Not based off of the camera company, but having more to do with art and architecture, etc. There are a good many layers to that name, but I won't go into any of that here. I will, however, show you some of the characters I've done under the CANON moniker. Hope you like.

Oh, and all images were done with aerosol spray paint on brick or concrete. No straight edges or templates were used. Just straight up skills and paint.


Some big guy I painted one day in 2001.


Green dancer. Going for a blocky, chunky style here.


I painted this for Andrea, on her very first Mother's Day. Sometimes we graff writers can be sentimental, believe it or not.


After about 2 years of no painting, I finally got back out there and painted this piece for this huge production with about 12 other writers. I wrote about that day, along with a step-by-step process on my blog. More photos here.

For the curious, I have more up on my Flickr photoset, My Graffiti. Hope you enjoy!

10 comments:

Vonster said...

Ward,

That is stinkin' cool! Three thumbs up!

Von

Unknown said...

THese are great arts!!

Jared Chapman said...

Ward, some day, when I have a house, you are more than welcome to come vandalize it. Please do! I wouldn't mind it one bit!

Elwood H. Smith said...

Ward, wonderful stuff. Great colors & design. What size are they? Like, say, the Green Dancer, is it 2 feet tall or 5 feet or what? I seem to be drawing smaller as I get older & it's fun to see BIG art. As my visions fails (not for a LONG time, I hope), I can begin painting big characters on the walls--just like you.

Ward Jenkins said...

Elwood, most of these pieces are about 5 to 6 feet tall. The Mother's Day one is about 15 feet tall, making that the largest painting I've ever done. I stood on the trunk of my car to get to the highest reaches of the piece. If you look at this image, you can see just how big that last piece is.

The last one is the only one still up and running. All the other pieces have been painted over.

Elwood H. Smith said...

Thank you, Ward. Wow, that IS big. I guess I'd better run out and buy some big cans of paint. Again, it's wonderful work.
-ES

Ward Jenkins said...

Thanks, Elwood! I love your work, by the way. I think it's very cool to have you on board here at SFG.

And Jared, I would love to vandalize your house. Actually, I did paint some characters for my friend's loft several years ago. I have pics of that -- I'll try and get those uploaded sometime.

Thanks guys for the nice words!

Metin Seven said...

Grrreat style man! Really love it!

Cheers,

Metin

Urban Barbarian said...

Sue-EAT!

Màriam Ben-Arab said...

Great job! your syle is fantastic!