Jan 31, 2006

Grease Monkey!


I did a job for Toyota a while back and saved all the steps I went through to get to that paycheck! This was one of those rare situations where the art director knew exactly what he wanted and the job flowed like rain drops on a rose petal. Just thinking about it makes me well up inside. Ah, yesterday...

Anyway, if you're interested - check out my blog to see the process stage and the final art -
http://urbnbarbarian.blogspot.com/ or click on my "Dan" link to the Right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very nice B/W illustration!

Urban Barbarian said...

Thanks Alina! I'll throw it in now. Sadly, my favorite part is this undercarriage and it's all covered up with the lettering. Speaking of which, I had so much fun doing the lettering on this piece. Usually an art director will handle that end but I really get into typefaces and font design.

I'll edit this post and supply the finished art!