Jan 19, 2006

Caffeinated Creativity

In the world of 'Corporate Coffee' there are home town favorites that win out on the local level and thrive. Coffee People is one of them. An Oregon grown business which has it's roots in the greater Portland area.

Coffee People wanted to reflect the lifestyle of their pacific northwest customers through the artwork created for their annual travel mugs.

The challenge with a project like this is taking a laundry list of localized lifestyle topics and finding a unique, simple and fun way to create a design that will work in a pre-existing format and print technology.

The final design captures the spirit of Oregonians and our passion for a good cup of joe.

It's fun brewing up a pot of piping hot double shot ideas for clients.

5 comments:

Jeope said...

Kinda reminds me of that 'Almost Famous Band' piece I saw'r in Communication Arts. I'm so late to the game; I was looking in that old Illustration Annual in the fall and saw your work there. Supoib.

Unknown said...

very Shag-inspired. But original, as well. nice.

Lára said...

Love the Jim Flora style that lives in this one...really nice color choise!

Jeff said...

ahhh! I like a good cup of silhouette in the morning! Sweetness!

Elwood H. Smith said...

Wonderful piece!

Hey, Von, I finally visited your site (briefly, I'll be back) and it's a gem! I love the design and colors and the sense of fun throughout. The moving car Flash animation is so simple, yet so delightful. First rate stuff!

-Elwood